Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Glenn Greenwald Rolls Out New Site With a Bang


Glenn Greenwald, famous for leaking NSA documents/information given to him by Edward Snowden, debuted his new site today and wasted no time in dredging up more NSA secrets. The first two articles on his new website, The Intercept, are photos of the NSA and other intelligence agencies and a fairly in-depth look into the "U.S. Assassination Program." I will be quite honest with you and say that I have yet to read either. (I do plan on doing so, however)

Whether or not you think the NSA-Snowden debacle has been overplayed by the media is irrelevant. Greenwald, in his introductory post, promises hard-hitting investigative journalism and in-depth reporting on government and corporate secrets. Personally, this sounds like a great idea and I really hope he can do some good with his new medium. But only time will tell if this is truly an attempt at some sort of transparency in world behind closed doors or if this is just one more famous guy giving in to the cult of personality. Until then, I urge you to read his articles (do as I say, not as I do) and tell your friends to do the same. And while you're at it, send them my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment