Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Please Stop Raping People


I'm fucking baffled that I even have to address this situation, but here it goes. After a string of reported sexual assaults on Appalachian State's campus over the course of just the past three weeks, it's becoming clear that people do not know the definition of the word "consent." This is strange to me considering the fact that it is so easily Googled and, thereby, defined.

But, I understand; we are a lazy culture after all. Let me relieve some of the burden and define it for you:

IT'S WHEN THEY SAY FUCKING YES.

I don't care if they are naked on your bed reciting Pablo Neruda to your crotch, if they say anything that contrasts with the word "yes," do not fucking touch them in a sexual manner. Don't fucking rape people. Goddamit, is this a hard fucking concept?

Look, I know people can be confusing. Guess what? Tough. Don't fucking rape people.

I know being drunk inhibits your decision making process. Don't fucking rape people.

I know people can occasionally wear incredibly revealing clothing. Don't fucking rape people.

If this whole idea was foreign to you and I've presented you with all new information, welcome to being a fucking decent human. If this all makes complete sense, congratulations on having a modicum of morality.

We need to stop trotting out the same bullshit about rape prevention every goddamn time some asshole gets handsy/rapey. Rape prevention should start with the rapist, not the victim. I know it seems much more appealing to just shrug and say "Well, it happens!" but I'd like to imagine we've evolved past the point of letting inevitability override our decisions.

Yes, you should still carry around self defense and be wary of strange people on the street, but you also shouldn't have to feel like you're walking through a fucking jungle of rapist assholes every time you go to the store. I apologize to everyone affected for our society's lack of competence in this matter. I'll try and do the job they should have been doing this whole time:

DON'T FUCKING RAPE PEOPLE.

1 comment:

  1. Milly you were amazing whole night yesterday. The pink and blue dress you were last night was outstanding and you were looking so beautiful and hot. It was a good time for me to meet you with the help of milly.in. Love you Milly for all the pleasure you gave me last night and lots of love. You have a perfect body figure and your communication skills were outstanding. Love you and thank you milly.in for fixed our night together.

    ReplyDelete